Do some comparison shopping. Colleges offering similar training usually charge similar tuition. If the cost is substantially higher, ask why. Other questions to ask:
- Are tools/books on loan or must they be purchased?
- Can you repeat subjects if required and is there a cost attached to doing so?
- Is tutoring available and is there a cost attached? If so, how much?
- What is included in the price of tuition? Ask them to specify any additional costs.
- Are student loans and other financial assistance programs available?
- Are non repayable funds like bursaries and scholarships available?
It is smart to make a checklist to compare the cost of supplies, books, uniforms, lab fees and material/kits, graduation fees, student association fees, etc. The comparison may help you to choose the college that is right for you.