Once you have applied for admission to a college and have been accepted, you should be asked to sign a contract which should contain, among other details, the following items:
- name and address of the college, and the name of the program;
- start and end dates of the program and duration, tuition refund policy;
- date the contract is entered into;
- name, mailing address and signature of the student or guardian;
- signature of a school official and the student;
- total program and material costs;
- payment schedule if paying by installments;
- a copy of the program curriculum including a list of subjects in the program of study and the duration of each subject.
- if the individual is under 18, the signature of the person who will be responsible for tuition payments must be included.
It should also contain the rules of the college. Make sure you understand the college's position on such things as dress code, maintaining a certain average and attendance. Carefully review them before you sign. Once you have signed the contract, the college should give you the original and maintain a copy for their records. Keep it in a safe place.