- What are the admission requirements?
- Will you need a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)?
- Do you need certain skills or abilities?
- Must you have or obtain any licenses?
- Is there an admissions test or personal interview?
You will want to inquire about such things as:
- the length of the program
- what skills will be taught
- how much of the training will be classroom lectures and how much will be in practical experience
- whether the program offers on-the-job experience.
Ask for permission to view the facility. Ask about student-teacher ratios and find out whether they use equipment which is up-to-date in the industry and whether there is sufficient equipment for the number of students enrolled.